Orange Cat Names – 155+ Unique Options for GingersLast updated: by Jessi Larson
Are you trying to find a name for your cat? Then, get ready for 155+ orange cat names that are cute and colorful.
Several cats sport this bright-colored coat, including the Tabby, Kurilian Bobtail, Chausie, Exotic Shorthair, and more. If you’re lucky enough to welcome an orange kitten into your home, you should consider a name that celebrates its colorful coat.
Top Orange Cat Names
Let’s start with some of the most popular options out there. These names recognize your cat’s most notable trait: its fiery fur. Cute and colorful, we think you’ll love these ideas:
- Tiger Lily
Cute Ginger Cat Names
A ginger cat is guaranteed to add a burst of color, cuteness, and fun to your life. There’s no better way to recognize your pet’s unique coloring than with one of these excellent name options.
- Alani – Hawaiian for orange tree
- Butternut – Named after butternut squash, a light orange vegetable.
- Copper – This metal is orange-gold and makes a cute pet name.
- Ginger – A given for ginger cat names.
- Goldie – A cute name for a golden-colored kitty.
- Marigold – The marigold flower is a lovely combination of orange and yellow.
- Orangina – A fun, feminine play on the color orange.
- Rusty – A nickname for those with ginger or red hair.
Famous Orange Cats
Another great place to draw inspiration is by looking at the names of famous orange cats.
These cats have appeared in popular TV shows, movies, cartoons, and books, and their names are perfect for a new ginger feline.
You’ll undoubtedly recognize many of these names and might find a favorite for your new furbaby.
- Aslan – This lion is the main character of C. S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia series.
- Azrael – The cat from the Smurfs.
- Chester – Chester the Cheetah is the official mascot of Cheeto snacks.
- Crookshanks – The magical ginger cat owned by Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series.
- Dinah – In Alice in Wonderland, Alice has a golden cat named Dinah.
- Garfield – No list of ginger cats is complete without Garfield, the famed lazy orange cat.
- Goose – from Captain Marvel.
- Heathcliff – Like Garfield, another famous cartoon cat from the ’80s.
- Hobbes – The orange tiger from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.
- Morris – From the 9Lives cat food commercials.
- Nala – Nala, the female feline in The Lion King, is one of the most famous names for girl cats.
- Oliver – This ginger cat was the main character in Disney’s 1988 animated film Oliver & Company.
- Puss in Boots – The adorable cat from Shrek.
- Rajah – You can’t forget about Prince Jasmine’s large orange tiger in Aladdin.
- Riff-Raff – From Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats
- Shere Kahn – The Bengal cat/protagonist from The Jungle Book.
- Simba – Of course, we must include Simba, the orange lion from The Lion King.
- Stimpy – As in the dimwitted cat from Ren & Stimpy.
- Tigger – A bouncing tiger from the Winnie the Pooh series.
- Thomas O’Malley – The smooth-talking orangish-red cat from Aristocats, the 1970 Disney animated film.
- Toulouse – The orange-colored kitten in Aristocats.
- Tony the Tiger – The mascot of Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes.
- Ulysses – From the film Inside Llewyn Davis.
Famous Names for Orange Cats
These names are fabulous for orange-furred felines, including colorful cats, orange characters from movies, and real-life redheads.
- Annie – As in Little Orphan Annie, the famous redhead.
- Archie – Named after Archie Andrews, the red-headed star of the Archie comic strip.
- Ariel – The main character of The Little Mermaid.
- Beaker – One of the secondary stars of The Muppet Show, Beaker is the hapless, orange-haired assistant to Dr. Bunsen Honeyde.
- Carrot Top – How funny would it be to name your orange cat after the crazy orange-haired comedian?
- Charmander – The adorable Pokemon character was known for its bright orange skin. It later evolved into Charizard and Charmeleon.
- Chuck Norris – How hilarious would it be to name your cat after the red-haired tough guy?
- Chucky – A little bit dark, but you could name your orange cat after the demonic doll.
- Conan O’Brien – The late-night talk show host is instantly recognizable for his bright orange hair.
- Daphne – A heroine of Scooby Doo, Daphne sports some pretty gorgeous orange locks.
- Ed Sheeran – A list of famous redheads must include this ginger singer.
- Ernie – As in the popular Sesame Street character.
- Fiona – Princess Fiona from the Shrek series stands out for her flaming orange/red hair.
- Gillian – Gillian Anderson, star of the X-Files TV series.
- Ginger Spice – Every ’90s kid remembers Geri Halliwell, also known as Ginger Spice.
- Griffin – Kathy Griffin, the red-headed comedian and actress.
- Isla – Isla Fisher, actress from Wedding Crashers.
- Kenny – Kenny on South Park is always wearing an orange suit.
- Lois – The mom on Family Guy also has orange hair.
- Lucille Ball – A pioneering actress and comedian, Lucille Ball was a feisty ginger.
- Merida – The main character of Disney’s film Brave possesses some lovely orange locks.
- Molly Ringwald – We can’t forget the popular red-headed actress of the ’80s.
- Nemo – Everyone loves the orange fish from Finding Nemo.
- Opie – Opie was a sweet red-headed boy with freckles in The Andy Griffith Show.
- Pebbles – The red-haired daughter of Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
- Pepper Ann – The red-headed main character of the late ’90s Disney cartoon.
- Peter Pan – The red-headed boy who never grew up.
- Pippi Longstocking – The protagonist in the eponymous series of children’s books.
- Prince Harry – A royal and one of the world’s most famous gingers!
- Ron Weasley – The beloved red-headed character in the Harry Potter series.
- Vincent Van Gogh – The famous impressionist painter was a redhead.
- Winnie – As in Winnie the Pooh.
Orange Cat Names Inspired By Food
You can also draw inspiration from orange-colored foods.
When you think about it, there are tons of fruits, spices, drinks, desserts, and other foods with orange coloring.
Why not give your cat a fun-food-inspired name? It’s a unique approach to orange cat names.
- Bell Pepper
- Julius (Orange Julius)
- Mai Tai
- Sweet Potato
Orange in Other Languages
And finally, we’ve rounded up the pronunciation of orange in other languages – a cultural approach to naming your cat.
- Arancia (Italian)
- Daidaiiro (Japanese)
- Dalandan (Filipino)
- Karaka (Maori)
- Katom (Hebrew)
- Komala (Bengali)
- Naranja (Spanish)
- Oranssi (Finnish)
- Oren (Welsh)
- Portokáli (Greek)
We should note that orange is the same in German and French. So you technically could name your cat “Orange” and say it’s French. We won’t tell.
Orange and White Cat Names
If your cat is orange and white, these names will suit them perfectly.
- Butterfly – or more specifically Monarch, mentioned above
- Clowny – after the Clown Fish
- Creamsicle – the delicious popsicle
- Koi – orange and white fish
- Panda – for the Red Panda
- Pavlova – a meringue-based dessert with fruit
- Shaun White – a skier with orange hair
More Cat Name Ideas
If you have ideas for names, let us know! Leave us a comment below. We love hearing from readers and use your ideas to keep our website fresh.
And if you have an orange cat mixed with other colors, you could also check out:
We have a beautiful orange tiger we have so fittingly named “Finnegan”. And it suits him well! He actually even answers to it!
I have an orange tabby boy named Julius, as in Orange Julius.
i like the names honey, sunshine, and alani which should i do for a female cat?
I’d go for sunshine. I have a black cat named Lucifer, and I’m going to adopt an orange one which I might call Merida… as in the character of Brave!
My favorite options are:
Nachos – Scooby-Doo and the gourmet ghost
Başak – Turkish and it’s my cat’s name
Finally, I love OJ (Orange Juice)
I might be getting an orange male kitten Tuesday and I’m looking for an older name. I’m thinking maybe ARCHIE (since i had a dream i got a cat named ARCHIE) or Abraham.
We’ve called our ginger boy Rowan…in Celt it means little redhead..very appropriate.
My Orange tabby sweet boy’s name is Garfunkal…after Art Garfunkal. Art had that wild big hair and at times it was red. He was a rescue and came with the name.
My cat name is Lil t
My baby kitten is named cheese ball
I will be having an orange kitten, she has a very visible white stripes like a tiger although a tiger has a black stripes BUT I think I go for a name cheetah since it’s sounds cute when I baby talk to her soon haha.
Thank you so so much for giving suggestions 💖
My 3 year old tabby is named Skippy. Yes, as in the peanut butter.
I have a ginger cat his name is Syrup
My ginger cat is called Tiga Meow Meow.
My family is fostering a mother kit and her 2 week old kittens. A tortoiseshell kitten and a orange tabby. My brother and sister got to name them when they where born, and now we have Enzo the orange kitten, and Mercedes the tortoiseshell kitten. Yes, like the car creators.
“Papaya” is misspelled as Payaya, unless it’s pronounced like the Spanish rice dish Paella, which can often times be orange in color😁 but I think either 3 could work, cat don’t care🐱
I went with the name Fanta #love cats
My beautiful ginger cat is called Edward he’s a year old and is the sweetest cat you could meet he’s highly intelligent as well very tall like a cheetah.
My granddaughter named her orange cat with orange eyes…Cheezit