Hipsters are always on the cusp of what is trendy and cool. And what hipster doesn’t want to extend that to their pet through hipster cat names?
The definition of a hipster is “A person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.”
Hipster often evokes imagery of oversized statement glasses, man buns and thick beards, beanie caps, checkered shirts, scarves, and skinny jeans in today’s world. However, hipster can also mean going to concerts, trying out new craft breweries, drinking fancy coffees, and spending lots of time on your phone and laptop.
If you’re looking for a laugh, here are the top 50 signs you might be a hipster.
Do you consider yourself a hipster? Or do you simply like the idea of hipster cat names?
Whatever the reason, we’ve got 175+ hipster cat names perfect for your new pet.
Unisex Hipster Cat Names
The gender-neutral trend is everywhere these days – in toys, clothing, room design, and more. It also extends to names.
Many names work for both the male and female gender and can be used regardless of sex. And really, what’s more hipster than that?
These unisex hipster cat names are great for male and female cats alike. So if you’re getting a new cat but don’t know the gender, no need to stress – we’ve got you covered with these cool name ideas.
Male Hipster Cat Names
As much as we love the idea of gender-neutral names, sometimes names are just better suited for a particular sex. That’s the case with these male hipster cat names.
Hipster cat names buck traditionalism and redefine what is cool, and these male names are undoubtedly unique and on the edge of the latest trends.
Here are male hipster cat names you must check out if you’re welcoming a boy cat into your home.
Female Hipster Cat Names
Female hipster cat names can be unique and different, a play on traditional names or the revival of a tried-and-true favorite from years ago. Or all of the above.
What’s great about these hipster cat names is that they sound effortlessly cool and are a great choice if you’re getting a female cat and want to stay on-trend.
Funny Hipster Cat Names
And last but not least, we can’t conclude our list of hipster cat names without having a little fun.
Almost anyone can appreciate these funny hipster dog names. Whether you’re a hipster, a hipster wannabe, or just like to admire the hipster life, you have to admit these names are pretty entertaining!
- Avocado – a favorite food of hipsters everywhere
- Beanie – a wardrobe staple for many hipsters
- Bill Furray – as in Bill Murray, perhaps the O.G. of all hipsters
- Dog – because it’s ironic and funny
- Flannel – another item commonly found in the hipster closet
- Goji – this berry is so hot right now
- Kale – a favorite hipster vegetable
- Meta – the name Meta is so meta
- Pabst – a favorite hipster beer
- Paw Iver – a play on Bon Iver
- Quinoa – another trendy food favorite
- Vinyl – because hipsters are bringing vinyl back
More Cat Name Ideas
Didn’t find the cat name for you? Don’t fret. We’ve got plenty of other ideas.
And by plenty, we mean thousands. To get started, try our online name generator and sort by your favorite styles and themes.
The following options are also popular amongst new cat owners:
How to Pick the Right Name
We’ve been helping millions of new pet parents pick the perfect name for their new cat for years now. Along the way, we’ve discovered a few helpful pieces of advice:
- Pick a name that will fit your cat for the rest of his or her life. What fits a small cuddly kitten today might not work when the cat is all grown up.
- Wondering if you have the right cat name? Try it out! Say it out loud, in several different tones. You’ll know right away if it sounds right.
- If a name is hard to pronounce, others will likely have a hard time saying your cat’s name, too. Do you want to have to help them every time?
- Many cat experts recommend a shorter name that comes to your lips easily. At times it’s important to get your cat’s attention very quickly!
- And finally, does it fit your cat’s personality and appearance? What may seem like a great name in theory might not work for your specific cat.