If you’re a witty guy or gal who just got a new cat, a common name like Bella, Tigger or Max won’t do. Instead, you need something that shows your humor and uniqueness, like great punny cat names!
But what exactly does punny mean?
As you might suspect, punny combines a pun and funny. So it’s essentially a humorous way of using a word or phrase.
In this case, punny cat names are a witty and fun play on words. If this sounds like something you’re looking for, we’ve got plenty of ideas.
The great thing about a lot of these names is there’s an easy, short version as well, so you can introduce your cat by their awesome punny name and then call them by the shorter version daily.
For example, your cat “Jack Meower” can be called “Jack” in daily use.
After much research, we’ve put together the ultimate list of 150+ punny cat names. Get ready to giggle!
Female Punny Cat Names
Let’s get this list of punny cat names started by looking at ideas for female cats.
Ideas are drawn from famous actresses, historical figures, people in pop culture, traditional names, and so much more.
We guarantee you’ll laugh out loud at least once when you read these!
- Alanis Meowisette – Singer
- Angelicat – As in the name Angelica
- Catalie Portman – Actress
- Cat Benetar – Singer
- Cat Middleton – Duchess
- Cat Winslet – Actress
- Catnip Everdeen – The Hunger Games character
- Catsy Cline – Singer
- Catty Griffin – Comedian
- Catti LaBelle – Singer
- Christina Aguill-hair-a – Singer
- Cindy Clawford – Model
- Clawdia – A funny spin on the human name Claudia
- Clawtney Kardashian – Influencer
- Cleo Catra – Egyptian ruler
- Debbie Hairy – Singer
- Demi Meower – Actress
- Diane Kitten – Actress
- Drew Hairymore – Actress
- Emily Lickinson – Author
- Fleas Witherspon – Actress
- Fleyonce Knowles – Singer
- Fur-gie – Singer from the Black Eyed Peas
- Furry Cruise – Child of actor Tom Cruise
- Jane Pawsten – Author of Pride and Prejudice
- Jennipurr Aniston – Actress
- Jessicat – A funny spin on the human name Jessica
- JK Meowling – Author of the Harry Potter series
- Juliet Catulet – Character in Romeo & Juliet
- Kim Catdashian – Influencer
- Kitkat – Candy
- Kitty Purry – Singer
- Margaret Scratcher – British Prime Minister
- Mariah Hairy – Singer
- Meowdeline Albright – politician
- Meowgaret – A play on the name Margaret
- MeowKenzie – As in McKenzie
- Mrs. Fleasley – Character from Family Affair
- Opurrah Whisker – TV personality
- Pawdrey / Pawdrey Hepburn – Actress
- Puma Thurman – Actress
- Rachel Scratch – Actress
- Ravenclaw – from Harry Potter
- RuPaw – Drag queen
- Ruth Bader Ginspurr – U.S. Supreme Court member
- Sinead O’Collar – Singer
- Tabbytha – A play on the human name Tabitha
- Teri Scratcher – Actress
- Tina Spay – Actress / Comedian
- Veronicat – Human name
- Whispurr – Play on the word whisper
Male Punny Cat Names
And if you have a male cat, don’t worry – we have plenty of punny cat names designed just for them.
Check out the ideas below and see if any fit your new furbaby.
We think you’ll enjoy the fun play on the names of both fictional and real-life characters.
- 2Paw Shapurr – Rapper
- Abraham Lynxin – U.S. President
- Alexander Hameowlton – U.S. historical figure
- Anderson Pooper – News anchor
- Apawllo – Greek god
- Barack Obameow – U.S. President
- Bing Clawsby – Singer of White Christmas
- Bob Meowerly – Reggae singer
- Bob Scratchit – Christmas Carol character
- Brad Kitt – Actor
- Bruce Stringsteen – New Jersey singer
- Butch Catsidy – Famed cowboy and bank robber
- Captain Purrcard – from Star Trek
- Catpernicus – Mathematician and astronomer
- Catrick Swayze – Actor
- Catsanova – Italian adventurer and author
- Catticus Finch – Character from To Kill a Mockingbird
- Catzilla – Godzilla!!
- Cat Damon – Actor
- Cat Sajak – Wheel of Fortune host
- Cat Stevens – Singer
- Chairman Meow – Chinese revolutionary
- Charles Lickens – Author of A Christmas Carol
- Colin Furth – Actor
- Collin Furrel – Actor
- Conway Kitty – Singer
- Dalai Pawma – Spiritual leader
- David Meowie – Singer
- Don Drapurr – Character on Mad Men
- Draco Mewofoy – Character in the Harry Potter series
- Ebefleazer Scrooge – Character in A Christmas Carol
- Ferris Mewler – Character in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Fidel Catstro – Cuban leader
- Frank Lloyd Bite – Architect
- Franz Catka – Author of Metamorphosis
- Furcules – As in Hercules
- Furr-oah – The Egyptian leader
- Fuzz Aldrin – Astronaut
- Genghis Khat – Leader of Mongol Empire
- George Cloonflea – Actor
- Hairy Potter – Main character of the Harry Potter series
- Henry Hissinger – U.S. Secretary of State
- Holden Clawfield – Character in Catcher in the Rye
- Hunter S. Tomcat – Author of Fear & Loathing
- Isaac Mewton – scientist
- Jack Meower – TV character on 24
- Jerry Flea Lewis – Singer
- J.R.R. Tollkitten – Author of The Hobbit
- Jude Paw – Actor
- Kit Romney – U.S. Senator
- Kitty Cudi – Rapper
- Leonard Nemeow – Actor
- Leonardo DiCatrio – Actor
- LeVar Purrton – TV Personality / Actor
- Lionel Itchy – Singer – Hello
- Lucifurr – As in the Devil
- Luke Skywhisker – Character in Star Wars
- Meoward Stern – Radio host
- Meowchael – A play on the name Michael
- Meowrio Lopez – Actor
- Mewcauley Culkin – Actor
- Mr. Meowgi – Character in Karate Kid
- Neil Catrick Harris – Actor
- Notorious C.A.T. – Rapper
- Oedipuss – Greek mythology character
- Pablo Picatso – Artist
- Paw McCartney – Singer in The Beatles
- Paw Newman – Actor
- Paw Revere – U.S. revolutionary
- Paw Solo – Star Wars character
- Pounce de Leon – Explorer / conquistador
- Ricky Purrvais – Actor
- Ron Fleasly – Character in the Harry Potter series
- Ron Furgandy – Main character in Anchorman
- Ryan Fleacrest – TV Personality
- Santa Claws – The jolly Christmas character
- Sheddie Vedder – Musician
- The Great Catsby – Character / Book
- Tobey Catguire – Actor
- Tom Pawyer – Mark Twain book character
- Walt Whiskers – Poet
- Walter Cron-Cat – Newsman
- William Catner – Actor
- William Shakespurr – Playwright
- Winston Furchill – British Prime Minister
Conclusion: Punny Cat Names
Did you find a punny cat name that’s a fit for your new feline? If so, let us know your favorite (or favorites) below.
You can also create your own punny cat names! It’s easier than you think.
Try it out by finding a name that rhymes with cat or a cat-related word like “Fur,” “Meow,” “Tail,” or “Hiss.” For example, you could switch the name Matt for cat.
If you think of a unique idea not on this list, please share it below in the comments.
Funny Cat Names
Love the idea of a humorous cat name but not sold on any of the ideas above?
In addition to punny cat names, we also have many other funny cat names. These include names like:
- Chuck Norris
- Mr. Bigglesworth
For more great ideas check out these funny cat names.
More Cat Name Ideas
If you want some additional options for names try out our cat name generator!
You may also enjoy these lists:
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
So, how do you know if you’ve chosen the right name for your cat?
Here are some tips to find out:
- Make sure it’s easy to say. Say it out loud and test it out. After all, you’ll be saying it a lot.
- Does it fit your cat? Think about their appearance and their personality.
- Trust you gut. A good name feels right.