The Ultimate List of Punny Cat Names – 150+ Hilarious NamesLast updated: by Jessi Larson
If you’re a witty guy or gal who just got a new cat, a regular name like Bella, Tigger or Max won’t do. You need something that shows your humor and uniqueness, like great punny cat names!
But what exactly does punny mean?
As you might suspect, punny combines a pun and funny. It’s essentially a humorous way of using a word or phrase.
In this case, punny cat names are a witty and fun play on words. If this sounds like something you’re looking for, we’ve got plenty of ideas.
The great thing about a lot of these names is there’s an easy, short version as well, so you can introduce your cat by their awesome punny name and then call them by the shorter version on a daily basis.
For example, your cat “Jack Meower” can simply be called “Jack” in daily use.
After much research, we’ve put together the ultimate list of 150+ punny cat names. Get ready to giggle!
Female Punny Cat Names
Let’s get this list of punny cat names started by looking at ideas for female cats.
Ideas are drawn from famous actresses, historical figures, people in pop culture, traditional names and so much more.
We guarantee you’ll laugh out loud at least once when you read these!
- Angelicat – As in the name Angelica
- Catalie Portman – Actress
- Cat Benetar – Singer
- Cat Middleton – Duchess
- Cat Winslet – Actress
- Catnip Everdeen – The Hunger Games character
- Catsy Cline – Singer
- Catty Griffin – Comedian
- Catti LaBelle – Singer
- Christina Aguill-hair-a – Singer
- Cindy Clawford – Model
- Clawdia – A funny spin on the human name Claudia
- Cleo Catra – Egyptian ruler
- Debbie Hairy – Singer
- Demi Meower – Actress
- Diane Kitten – Actress
- Drew Hairymore – Actress
- Emily Lickinson – Author
- Fleas Witherspon – Actress
- Fleyonce Knowles – Singer
- Fur-gie – Singer from the Black Eyed Peas
- Furry Cruise – Child of actor Tom Cruise
- Jane Pawsten – Author of Pride and Prejudice
- Jennipurr Aniston – Actress
- Jessicat – A funny spin on the human name Jessica
- JK Meowling – Author of the Harry Potter series
- Juliet Catulet – Character in Romeo & Juliet
- Kitkat – Candy
- Kitty Purry – Singer
- Margaret Scratcher – British Prime Minister
- Mariah Hairy – Singer
- Meowdeline Albright – politician
- Meowgaret – A play on the name Margaret
- MeowKenzie – As in McKenzie
- Mrs. Fleasley – Character from Family Affair
- Opurrah Whisker – TV personality
- Pawdrey / Pawdrey Hepburn – Actress
- Puma Thurman – Actress
- Rachel Scratch – Actress
- Ravenclaw – from Harry Potter
- RuPaw – Drag queen
- Ruth Bader Ginspurr – U.S. Supreme Court member
- Sinead O’Collar – Singer
- Tabbytha – A play on the human name Tabitha
- Teri Scratcher – Actress
- Tina Spay – Actress / Comedian
- Veronicat – Human name
- Whispurr – Play on the word whisper
Male Punny Cat Names
And if you have a male cat, don’t worry – we have plenty of punny cat names designed just for them.
Check out the ideas below and see if any are a fit for your new furbaby.
We think you’ll enjoy the fun play on the names of both fictional and real-life characters.
- Abraham Lynxin – U.S. President
- Alexander Hameowlton – U.S. historical figure
- Anderson Pooper – News anchor
- Apawllo – Greek god
- Barack Obameow – U.S. President
- Bing Clawsby – Singer of White Christmas
- Bob Meowerly – Reggae singer
- Bob Scratchit – Christmas Carol character
- Brad Kitt – Actor
- Bruce Stringsteen – New Jersey singer
- Butch Catsidy – Famed cowboy and bank robber
- Captain Purrcard – from Star Trek
- Catpernicus – Mathematician and astronomer
- Catrick Swayze – Actor
- Catsanova – Italian adventurer and author
- Catticus Finch – Character from To Kill a Mockingbird
- Catzilla – Godzilla!!
- Cat Damon – Actor
- Cat Sajak – Wheel of Fortune host
- Cat Stevens – Singer
- Chairman Meow – Chinese revolutionary
- Charles Lickens – Author of A Christmas Carol
- Colin Furth – Actor
- Collin Furrel – Actor
- Conway Kitty – Singer
- Dalai Pawma – Spiritual leader
- David Meowie – Singer
- Don Drapurr – Character on Mad Men
- Draco Mewofoy – Character in the Harry Potter series
- Ebefleazer Scrooge – Character in A Christmas Carol
- Ferris Mewler – Character in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Fidel Catstro – Cuban leader
- Frank Lloyd Bite – Architect
- Franz Catka – Author of Metamorphosis
- Furcules – As in Hercules
- Furr-oah – The Egyptian leader
- Fuzz Aldrin – Astronaut
- Genghis Khat – Leader of Mongol Empire
- George Cloonflea – Actor
- Hairy Potter – Main character of the Harry Potter series
- Henry Hissinger – U.S. Secretary of State
- Holden Clawfield – Character in Catcher in the Rye
- Hunter S. Tomcat – Author of Fear & Loathing
- Isaac Mewton – scientist
- Jack Meower – TV character on 24
- Jerry Flea Lewis – Singer
- J.R.R. Tollkitten – Author of The Hobbit
- Jude Paw – Actor
- Kit Romney – U.S. Senator
- Kitty Cudi – Rapper
- Leonard Nemeow – Actor
- Leonardo DiCatrio – Actor
- LeVar Purrton – TV Personality / Actor
- Lionel Itchy – Singer – Hello
- Lucifurr – As in the Devil
- Luke Skywhisker – Character in Star Wars
- Meoward Stern – Radio host
- Meowchael – A play on the name Michael
- Meowrio Lopez – Actor
- Mewcauley Culkin – Actor
- Mr. Meowgi – Character in Karate Kid
- Neil Catrick Harris – Actor
- Notorious C.A.T. – Rapper
- Oedipuss – Greek mythology character
- Pablo Picatso – Artist
- Paw McCartney – Singer in The Beatles
- Paw Newman – Actor
- Paw Revere – U.S. revolutionary
- Paw Solo – Star Wars character
- Pounce de Leon – Explorer / conquistador
- Ricky Purrvais – Actor
- Ron Fleasly – Character in the Harry Potter series
- Ron Furgandy – Main character in Anchorman
- Ryan Fleacrest – TV Personality
- Santa Claws – The jolly Christmas character
- Sheddie Vedder – Musician
- The Great Catsby – Character / Book
- Tobey Catguire – Actor
- Tom Pawyer – Mark Twain book character
- Walt Whiskers – Poet
- Walter Cron-Cat – Newsman
- William Catner – Actor
- William Shakespurr – Playwright
- Winston Furchill – British Prime Minister
Conclusion: Punny Cat Names
Did you find a punny cat name that’s a fit for your new feline? If so, let us know your favorite (or favorites) below.
You can also create your own punny cat names! It’s easier than you think.
Try it out by finding a name that rhymes with cat or a cat-related word like “Fur,” “Meow,” “Tail” or “Hiss.” For example, you could switch the name Matt for cat.
If you think of a unique idea that’s not on this list, please share it below in the comments.
Funny Cat Names
Love the idea of a humorous cat name but not sold on any of the ideas above?
In addition to punny cat names, we also have a bunch of other funny cat names. These include names like:
- Chuck Norris
- Mr. Bigglesworth
More Cat Name Ideas
If you’re not digging any of the punny cat names on the list, try our online generator and find even more fabulous name options.
It allows you to sort by your favorite styles and themes to quickly find the perfect name. Voila!
Since Find Cat Names launched in 2014, our site has provided thousands of fabulous names for new furbabies and helps over 6 million new cat owners every year.
With these stats, we’re confident you’ll find the name for your cat on our site.
Popular categories include:
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
Here’s an important question: How do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your cat?
After years of helping new cat owners find the perfect name, here are some tips we’ve picked up along the way:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great on paper but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you become set on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue because after all, you’ll be saying it many times a day once the cat joins your family!
- Does it fit your cat? Check to see if the name matches your cat’s personality and appearance before committing to a name.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine calling for your cat with this name? If not, then it’s not the right choice. Move on and select something more appropriate.
- And finally, trust your gut. Ask any new cat owner: when you find the right name, you’ll know it!