Are you looking for Halloween cat names? Get ready for 275+ ideas that range from spooky to sweet and everything in between.
Spooky Halloween Cat Names
Halloween is a holiday designed to scare, so let’s start with these spooky names that conjure up an ominous feeling.
- Bogeyman – Bogey for short
- Hocus Pocus
- Noir – French for black
If you’d like more spooky ideas be sure to check out our list of witchy cat names.
Halloween Cat Names Inspired by Characters
From creepy movies to spooky and mysterious TV shows to classic literature, the arts are ripe with characters who have scared and thrilled us over the years. We love using these characters for Halloween cat names and think you’ll enjoy them, too.
- Addams – The Addams Family
- Beetlejuice – devious poltergeist
- Binx – Hocus Pocus cat
- Bram – Dracula author Bram Stoker
- Buffy – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Carrie – telekinetic Steven King character
- Casper – the friendly ghost
- Craven – horror filmmaker Wes Craven
- Cruella – 101 Dalmatians villain
- Chucky – terrifying doll
- Cousin Itt – The Addams Family character
- Cujo – rabid dog
- Damien – Omen series character
- Dexter – Serial killer from the Dexter series
- Dracula – famous vampire
- Edgar – author Edgar Allen Poe
- Elvira – mistress of the dark
- Fester – Uncle Fester from The Addams Family
- Frankenstein – novel by English author Mary Shelley
- Freddy – Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Glinda – The good witch
- Gomez – Gomez Addams from The Addams Family
- Hannibal – killer Hannibal Lecter
- Herman – Herman Munster from The Munsters
- Hitchcock – suspenseful filmmaker Albert Hitchcock
- Ichabod – Ichabod Crane from Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Igor – character in Young Frankenstein
- It – predatory Stephen King character
- Jason – Friday the 13th villain
- Jekyll – the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Jigsaw – Saw villain
- Krueger – Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Lurch – The Addams Family character
- Medusa – woman with snakes as hair
- Merlin – legendary wizard
- Michael Myers – Halloween series villain
- Morticia – matriarch of The Addams Family
- Norman Bates – Psycho antagonist
- Pennywise – clown in Stephen King’s It
- Poe – author Edgar Allen Poe
- Pugsley – The Addams Family son
- Rosemary – Rosemary’s Baby
- Sabrina – Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Snape – Severus Snape in Harry Potter
- Skellington – Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Sookie – True Blood character
- Thing – from The Addams Family
- Voldemort – Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter
- Wednesday – The Addams Family daughter
Popular Halloween Costumes
Both kids and adults love dressing up in cool costumes for Halloween. After all, this is one of the best parts of the holiday.
Continuing the inspiration for Halloween cat names, let’s explore popular costumes that could serve as a fun feline moniker.
- Harry Potter
- Wonder Woman
While each year welcomes new topical costumes, these tried-and-true favorites have stood the test of time. It’s a guarantee you’ll see someone dressed like this on Halloween.
Candy Halloween Names
The best part of Halloween for many kids? The candy, of course! And lucky for us, these brands make awfully cute Halloween cat names. Get your sweet tooth ready for some adorable cat names inspired by favorite candies given out at Halloween time.
- Almond Joy
- Baby Ruth
- Candy Corn
- Hot Tamale
- Jolly Rancher
- Junior Mint
- Kit Kat
- Mike & Ike
- Mr. Goodbar
- Peppermint Patty
- Sugar Baby
Adorable Fall-Themed Ideas
For many people, fall is considered their favorite time of the year. In the spirit of the season, here are adorable fall-themed names you might like.
Maybe it’s the crisp, cool weather. Or the changing colors of leaves. Or simply, the return of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks. Whatever the reason, fall is a magical time of year.
If you like these ideas, check out even more fall cat names.
Black Cat Names
There are two colors synonymous with Halloween: black and orange. These colors are great for Halloween cat names.
First up: black cat names. Dark, mysterious, and memorable, the ideas below perfectly convey the color and make cool cat names.
Discover more black cat names.
Orange Cat Names
Continuing the list of Halloween cat names, let’s look at ideas inspired by the color orange. After all, the color encapsulates both Halloween and the autumn season.
Warm and spirited, these names reflect the bold color and are great for a new pet, especially if their fur is orange. Discover even more orange cat names.
Before we go, let’s look at a few last Halloween cat names for you to consider. The names are fun for Halloween fiends who love their felines, from the dangerous and scary to the ghoulish and macabre.
These ideas embody the Halloween spirit and all that goes along with this creepy and crazy holiday.
Halloween Cat Names: Final Thoughts
Did you know that 9% of Americans say Halloween is their favorite holiday? That’s according to a recent Harris poll.
Christmas is the top pick with 46% of the vote, while Thanksgiving takes second place with 19%.
Halloween is the third most popular holiday. And If you’re looking at Halloween cat names, it’s safe to say you’re in the 9% who love the spectacularly spooky day.
By picking one of these Halloween cat names, you’ll certainly show off your affection for this special time of year.
In conclusion, our guide to Halloween cat names offers over 275 unique ideas. We’re confident you’ll leave with lots of inspiration and hope you find just the right fit for your new feline.
More Cat Name Ideas
If you’d like even more name ideas, try out our online cat name generator.
You might also enjoy these articles:
How to Teach Your Cat Its Name
To select the perfect name, try saying your favorites out loud and make sure it is a name you want to use often and one that fits your cat. Then follow the steps below to teach it to your cat.
Other Ideas for Halloween Cat Names
If you have an idea for a Halloween cat name that you didn’t see here, let us know! Add a comment below with your thoughts.
We love hearing from readers and use your ideas to help keep our site fresh and full of the very best cat names.
And if you do pick a Halloween name for your new cat, feel free to share that with us, too. Let us know what name you selected and tell us more about your cat.