Halloween Cat Names – 275+ Spooktacular IdeasLast updated: by Jessi Larson
Looking for Halloween cat names? Get ready for 275+ ideas that range from spooky to sweet and everything in between.
If you have a black cat, you’ll certainly want to consider these Halloween cat names. After all, the black cat is often seen as an evil omen in Western society.
No matter what your cat’s fur color, however, you can always go with a Halloween cat name, especially if you have an affinity for the spirited holiday.
These 275+ Halloween cat names provide plenty of inspiration and will lead you to a name you’ll love.
Spooky Halloween Cat Names
Halloween is a holiday designed to scare, so let’s start with these spooky names that conjure up an ominous feeling.
To start, however, we must warn you that some of the names may be a bit harsh for a sweet little kitten, although you could certainly use them in an ironic sense.
- Bogeyman – Bogey for short
- Hocus Pocus
- Noir – French for black
Halloween Cat Names Inspired by Characters
From creepy movies to spooky and mysterious TV shows to classic literature, the arts are ripe with characters who have scared and thrilled us over the years.
We love using these characters for Halloween cat names and think you’ll enjoy them, too.
- Addams – The Addams Family
- Beetlejuice – devious poltergeist
- Binx – Hocus Pocus cat
- Bram – Dracula author Bram Stoker
- Buffy – Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Carrie – telekinetic Steven King character
- Casper – the friendly ghost
- Craven – horror filmaker Wes Craven
- Cruella – 101 Dalmatians villain
- Chucky – terrifying doll
- Cousin Itt – The Addams Family character
- Cujo – rabid dog
- Damien – Omen series character
- Dexter – Serial killer from the Dexter series
- Dracula – famous vampire
- Edgar – author Edgar Allen Poe
- Elvira – mistress of the dark
- Fester – Uncle Fester from The Addams Family
- Frankenstein – novel by English author Mary Shelley
- Freddy – Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Gomez – Gomez Addams from The Addams Family
- Hannibal – killer Hannibal Lecter
- Herman – Herman Munster from The Munsters
- Hitchcock – suspenseful filmmaker Albert Hitchcock
- Ichabod – Ichabod Crane from Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Igor – character in Young Frankenstein
- It – predatory Stephen King character
- Jason – Friday the 13th villain
- Jekyll – the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- Jigsaw – Saw villain
- Krueger – Freddy Krueger from A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Lurch – The Addams Family character
- Medusa – woman with snakes as hair
- Merlin – legendary wizard
- Michael Myers – Halloween series villain
- Morticia – matriarch of The Addams Family
- Norman Bates – Psycho antagonist
- Pennywise – clown in Stephen King’s It
- Poe – author Edgar Allen Poe
- Pugsley – The Addams Family son
- Rosemary – Rosemary’s Baby
- Sabrina – Sabrina the Teenage Witch
- Snape – Severus Snape in Harry Potter
- Skellington – Jack Skellington in The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Sookie – True Blood character
- Thing – from The Addams Family
- Voldemort – Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter
- Wednesday – The Addams Family daughter
Popular Halloween Costumes
Both kids and adults alike love dressing up in a cool costume for Halloween. After all, this is one of the best parts of the holiday.
Continuing the inspiration for Halloween cat names, let’s explore popular costumes that could also serve as a fun feline moniker.
While each year welcomes new topical costumes, these tried-and-true favorites have stood the test of time. It’s a guarantee you’ll see someone dressed like this on Halloween.
- Harry Potter
- Wonder Woman
Candy Halloween Names
The best part of Halloween for many kids? The candy, of course!
And lucky for us, these brands make awfully cute Halloween cat names.
Get your sweet tooth ready for some adorable cat names inspired by favorite candies given out at Halloween time.
- Almond Joy
- Baby Ruth
- Candy Corn
- Hot Tamale
- Jolly Rancher
- Junior Mint
- Kit Kat
- Mike & Ike
- Mr. Goodbar
- Peppermint Patty
- Sugar Baby
Adorable Fall-Themed Ideas
For many people, fall is considered their favorite time of the year.
Maybe it’s the crisp, cool weather. Or the changing colors of leaves. Or simply, the return of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks.
In the spirit of the season, here are adorable fall-themed names you just might like.
Discover more fall cat names.
Black Cat Names
There are two colors synonymous with Halloween: black and orange. These colors are great for Halloween cat names.
First up: black cat names. Dark, mysterious and memorable, the ideas below perfectly convey the color and make cool cat names.
Discover more black cat names.
Orange Cat Names
Continuing the list of Halloween cat names, let’s look at ideas inspired by the color orange. After all, the color encapsulates both Halloween and the autumn season.
Warm and spirited, these names reflect the bold color and are great for a new pet, especially if their fur has an orange hue.
Discover more orange cat names.
Before we go, let’s look at a few final Halloween cat names for you to consider.
From the dangerous and scary to the ghoulish and macabre, the names are fun for Halloween fiends who love their felines.
These ideas embody the Halloween spirit and all that goes along with this creepy and crazy holiday.
Halloween Cat Names: Final Thoughts
Did you know that 9% of Americans say Halloween is their favorite holiday? That’s according to a recent Harris poll.
Christmas is the top pick with 46% of the vote while Thanksgiving takes second place with 19%.
Halloween is the third most popular holiday. And If you’re looking at Halloween cat names, it’s safe to say you’re in the 9% who love the spectacularly spooky day.
By picking one of these Halloween cat names, you’ll certainly show off your affection for this special time of year.
In conclusion, our guide to Halloween cat names offers over 275 amazing ideas. We’re confident you’ll leave with lots of inspiration and hope you find just the right fit for your new feline.
More Cat Name Ideas
If you’re not digging any of the Halloween cat names on the list, try our online generator and find even more fabulous name options.
It allows you to sort by your favorite styles and themes to quickly find the perfect name. Voila!
Since Find Cat Names launched, our site has provided thousands of fabulous names for new felines and helps millions of new cat owners every year.
With these stats, we’re confident you’ll find the name for your cat on our site.
Popular categories include:
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
Here’s an important question: how do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your cat?
After years of helping new cat owners find the perfect name, here are some tips we’ve picked up along the way:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great on paper but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you become set on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue because after all, you’ll be saying it many times a day once the cat joins your family!
- Does it fit your cat? Check to see if the name matches your cat’s personality and appearance before committing to a name.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine calling for your cat with this name? If not, then it’s not the right choice. Move on and select something more appropriate.
- And finally, trust your gut. Ask any new cat owner: when you find the right name, you’ll know it!
How to Teach Your Cat Its Name
Other Ideas for Halloween Cat Names
If you have an idea for a Halloween cat name that you didn’t see here, let us know! Add a comment below with your thoughts.
We love hearing from readers and use your ideas to help keep our site fresh and full of the very best cat names.
And if you do pick a Halloween name for your new cat, feel free to share that with us, too. Let us know what name you picked and tell us more about your cat.