37 Tuxedo Cat Names We Adore
by Jessi Klein
Searching for tuxedo cat names? You’re in the right spot. We’ve got 37 ideas you’re guaranteed to love.
When it comes to cuteness, tuxedo cats are downright adorable. The contrast of the black and white creates a sharp image reminiscent of tuxedo formal wear.
Off the bat, here are a couple name ideas to consider:
Tuxedo – A very obvious choice for tuxedo cat names, but we had to include it. (Bet you didn’t see that coming.)
Tuxxy – Or, you can shorten it to this cute, sassy nickname.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Here are 30+ additional ideas we know you’ll adore.
Famous Tuxedo Cat Names
Throughout history, a number of Tuxedo cats have graced movies, TV, books and even the White House.
What better inspiration for tuxedo cat names than the famous cats that came before them?
- Sylvester – As in Sylvester the Cat, the famous Looney Toons character who loved to chase Tweety bird.
- Felix the Cat – Felix the black and white cat was created during the silent film era and is perhaps the world’s most famous tuxedo cat.
- The Cat in the Hat – The tall anthropomorphic cat from the famous Dr. Seuss book.
- Figaro – The sweet black and white cat in the Disney film Pinocchio.
- Socks – The name of the Clinton family’s bicolored cat when they were in the White House.
Tuxedo Cat Names – Other Animals (Real and Cartoon)
Another idea for inspiration: other black and white animals.
From animals found in nature to famous creatures in cartoons, these names immediately invoke the notion of black and white.
- Mickey – Mickey Mouse is also a black and white creature, just like your cat!
- Minnie – So is Minnie Mouse. We love this name for a female tuxedo cat!
- Panda – This name is super cute for a tuxedo cat, especially one who is fluffy like a bear.
- Skunk – This might not be the nicest name for your cat, but you have to admit it’s pretty darn funny.
- Pepe Le Pew – Remember Pepe Le Pew, the romance-loving skunk created by Warner Bros? This name is sweet and charming.
- Penguin – This black and white bird makes a super cute cat name.
- Puffin – The Puffin is another popular black and white bird. How cute is this adorable name for your new kitten?
- Zebra – Another black and white animal, this one from the jungle.
Tuxedo Cat Names – Foods
Believe it or not, some of your favorite foods make great tuxedo cat names. Here are creative – and delicious – ideas to consider.
- Oreo – Oreo cookies are a delicious combination of chocolate cookies (black) with a sweet cream frosting (white).
- Cookie – You can also call your dog cookie, after Oreo cookies or chocolate chip cookies, a combo of light and dark.
- Sundae – Sundaes are most often comprised of vanilla ice cream (white) and fudge topping (black).
- Pepper Saltman – This is a fun play two popular things of white and black color: salt and pepper!
- Junior Mint – A tiny, yummy combo of black and white.
- Peppermint Patty – Named after a candy with dark on the outside and white on the inside. When it comes to Tuxedo cat names, this is sweet and feminine.
Tuxedo Cat Names – Patterns
Another idea is to drawn inspiration from the pattern in your cat’s coat. Creative and cute, these names might be right on the mark (pun intended).
- Spot – If your Tuxedo cat has spots, this is a name you must consider.
- Dot – Likewise, you can also call your spotted cat “Dot” if it’s a girl.
- Patches – Perhaps your cat’s markings look like they’re patched together.
- Freckles – And if your cat has a freckled pattern, this name is super sweet.
- Inky – Sometimes cats of this coloring look like they have white fur with black ink blots.
Other Cool Tuxedo Cat Names
And finally, here are even more tuxedo cat names to check out for your new cat.
- Jeeves – Remember the famous fictional butler who wears a black and white tuxedo? This is a fun, cheeky name!
- Spade – One of four suits on playing cards and a sharp name for your cat.
- Cruella – If you’ve got a naughty female cat, the black-and white-haired villain from 101 Dalmatians is a fun name option.
- Charlie Chaplin – Synonymous with black and white films, Charlie Chaplin is considered a famous icon of the silent movie era.
- Domino – As in the classic game with white with black dots.
- Checkers – How fun is this name? A checkers board is often black and white in color, like your cat’s fur.
- Chess – Another classic game that often has black and white pieces.
- Harlequin – The bold diamond design of the Harlequin print is often in black and white.
- Keys – Named after black and white piano keys. This is an especially cool name if you play the piano!
- James Bond – 007 was always wearing a tuxedo.
- Yin-Yang – In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang describes how opposite or contrary forces (represented by white and black) are actually connected.
Other Ideas For Tuxedo Cat Names?
If you have other ideas for Tuxedo cat names, we’d like to hear them! Just leave a message in the comments below.
We love hearing from readers and use your ideas to keep our site fresh.