When you get a new cat, you’re welcoming a new family member and need a proper name before introducing it to others. So why not explore superhero cat names?
Superhero cat names are strong, adventurous, and full of personality. And there are a plethora of ideas to choose from!
If you’re a massive fan of comics and superhero films, you absolutely must explore these epic and extraordinary names.
Of course, you can go about this two ways – by picking a name or character you love or by selecting a name or character that suits your cat.
The latter will take some time. But, first, you’ll want to assess your feline’s personality to find out just which superhero they are most like.
Remember that there is power in a name, so maybe your choice will be more about what you hope your kitty will emulate. In that case, it’s more about the characteristics you love the most about your favorite superhero and less about the cat’s nature.
This list is sure to put you on the right path as you go about choosing the perfect moniker for your new furry friend.
Male Superhero Cat Names
Are you looking for tough and tenacious names for your boy cat? Try out some of these male superhero cat names!
They’re strong and adventurous – just like your cat.
Or, if you have a more docile feline, you could use the name ironically.
We’ve included the source of origin, although if you’re a superhero fan, you might already know it.
- Apollo – a Greek God of Olympus
- Archer – from the Golden Archer
- Asgard – from Thor
- Banner – Hulk’s alter ego
- Beast – from Teen Titans
- Bruce – from Batman’s alter ego
- Captain – from Captain America
- Carter – From Agent Carter
- Castle – from The Punisher
- Clark – Superman’s alter ego
- Colossal – a great name for a friendly giant
- Colter – from Luke Cage
- DC – as in DC Comics
- Deadpool – from Deadpool
- Drax – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Elysius – a powerful, artificial being
- Endgame – from Avengers
- Fantomah – A superhero ghost
- Fury – from Avengers
- Gambit – from Captain America
- Gilmore – from Captain America
- Groot – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Grudroth – from Thor
- Hawkeye – a great name for a watchdog
- Hero – short for superhero
- Hogan – from Iron Man
- Karnak – from Inhumans
- Kingpin – from Daredevil
- Korath – from the Guardians of the Galaxy
- Krypto – for “Kryptonite” from Superman
- Logan – from Wolverine
- Loki – from Thor
- Malcolm – from Jessica Jones
- Marvel – as in Marvel Comics
- Micro – from The Punisher
- Nadeer – from SHIELD
- Olympian – Greek-Roman superman
- Panther – from Black Panther
- Parker – from Spiderman
- Poolie – from Deadpool
- Pyro – from X-men
- Raza – from Iron Man
- Spidey – from Spiderman
- Strucker – from Captain America
- Stark – from Iron Man
- Taggert – from Iron Man
- Talbot – from Hulk
- Thanos – from Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy
- Thor – a Norse God with his hammer
- Tiger – after the Bronze Tiger from DC comics
- Tony – from Iron Man
- Triton – from Inhumans
- Viper – from Wolverine
- Whiplash – from Iron Man
- Wolfgang – from Captain America
- Wolverine – from X-Men
- Xandar – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Xavier – from Professor X
- Zandow – from Agent Carter
- Zatanna – from DC comic books
- Zemo – from Captain America
Female Superhero Cat Names
Many daring female characters have entertained us on TV shows, movies, and of course, comics. These all make excellent superhero cat names!
You could go with your favorite character. Or maybe you like the name, and it fits your furry friend.
Whatever the reason, female superhero cat names are always fiery and fun!
- Amazon – from Wonder Woman
- Bakshi – from SHIELD
- Barbara – from Batgirl
- Buffy – from Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Carol – from Captain Marvel
- Castle – from The Punisher
- Catwoman – from Batman (and a great cat superhero name!)
- Claire – from Daredevil
- Coleen – from Iron Fist
- Crimson – from Marvel comics
- DeeDee – from Daredevil
- Diamond – from Diamondback
- Diana – Wonder Woman’s alter ego
- Foggy – from Daredevil
- Gamora – a green-skinned superhero
- Heroine – a strong female dog name
- Huntress – a great name for a hunting pup
- Jade – from the Justice League
- Juno – Hercules’s granddaughter
- Katniss – from The Hunger Games
- Kismet – name that stands for “golden-hued beauty”
- Korath – from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Leia – from Star Wars
- Mera – from Aquaman
- Mulan – the warrior woman who impersonates a man in battle
- Natasha – from Black Widow
- Nova – from the Silver Sable
- Organa – from Star Wars, Princess Leia’s last name
- Pepper – from Iron Man
- Poolie – from Deadpool
- Quinn – for Harley Quinn
- Raven – from Teen Titans
- Rey – from Star Wars
- Sharon – as in Sharon Carter
- Shuri – a superhero princess
- Sprite – from Kitty Pryde in X-Men
- Squirrel – from Squirrel Girl
- Star – after Starfire from Teen Titans
- Storm – from X-Men
- Thundra – a great name for a tough female pup
- Tigra – this superhero is more powerful than a tiger (and it’s a great cat superhero name!)
- Ultra – from Avengers
- Vixen – the comic character also known as Mari Jiwe McCabe
- Wasp – a great name for an aggressive pup
- Wonder – after Wonder Woman
- Xena – from Xena: Warrior Princess
- Zatanna – after a magician from DC comic books
Funny Superhero Cat Names
Just because you’re opting for a name of mythical proportions doesn’t mean that your dog’s name has to be so serious.
It just so happens that dog names lend themselves perfectly to superhero puns!
So, for those with a lighter sense of humor, here are some great “punny” choices for superhero cat names:
- Furry Fury – This is a perfect choice for any furball you might be adding to your family.
- Stanley – (Stan + Lee) For the true comic aficionados, this is a great name to honor the one and only Stan Lee of Marvel.
- Ulysses Paw – Just imagine saying, “look at the claws on Ulysses Paw!” Or something to that extent. Either way, this is a treasure trove of punny opportunities for the lucky owner.
- Agent Kitty – Maybe your cat is a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. Or aspires to be.
- Catniss Everdeen – Everyone knows and loves Katniss from The Hunger Games. Your cat could be the feline version.
- Black Panther – This name is especially great for a black cat. Or you could use it ironically for a cat with another coloring.
Final Thoughts: Superhero Cat Names
Now that you are armed with some great choices, you’re ready to start narrowing down those choices and picking the name perfect for your awesome pal.
Our list of superhero cat names may have even prompted you to come up with a few ideas of your own.
Remember to consider your little friend’s appearance, personality, and the qualities you love in those favorite superheroes when choosing a name.
Don’t forget to try it on for size. Call out the name to see if it has the right “ring.” (More on that below.)
More Epic Cat Names
The cat name inspiration isn’t over yet. We have other ideas in complementary categories that might be interesting to explore.
Take a look at the articles below for more name options.
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
Here’s an important question: how do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your cat?
After years of helping new cat owners find the perfect name, here are some tips we’ve picked up along the way:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great on paper but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you become set on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue because after all, you’ll be saying it many times a day once the cat joins your family!
- Does it fit your cat? Check to see if the name matches your cat’s personality and appearance before committing to a name.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine calling for your cat with this name? If not, then it’s not the right choice. Move on and select something more appropriate.
- And finally, trust your gut. Ask any new cat owner: when you find the right name, you’ll know it!