Regal Cat Names – 140+ Elegant IdeasLast updated: by Jessi Larson
If you have a new dignified feline and need a name, we have the perfect solution: regal cat names.
These elegant monikers project refinement and sophistication – the perfect combination for a cat.
Almost all cats give off an air of nobility and great confidence. Maybe it’s their graceful movements and charming character. Or it could be their cool demeanor and aloof personality.
These attributes add up to a regal creature who deserves a regal name. And you’re in luck because we have 140+ ideas fitting for your new furbaby!
You’re bound to treat your cat like royalty, so why not give them a name that lives up to their lifestyle?
Popular Regal Cat Names
To start this guide to regal cat names, let’s explore classic ideas that instantly reflect nobility.
By classic, we’re talking about royal titles that have been around for centuries. They sound stately and make excellent regal cat names for that special little feline in your life.
Male Regal Cat Names
If you’ve brought home a male cat, perhaps you’d like to consider the names that have belonged to kings and other leaders from the past.
Sure, you could go with a simple regal name like “Prince” or “King.” Your cat deserves to be treated like royalty, after all! Many of these ideas come from England, so you may also enjoy these British cat names.
But sometimes, it’s more fun to find a slightly more unique name.
That’s why we’ve rounded up more regal cat names based on real-life royalty and dignitaries of the past and present from different cultures.
One of these could be the right name for your refined and regal kitten.
- William – Inspired by the current Duke of Cambridge, Prince William.
- Harry – Taken from Prince William’s brother, Harry. His royal title was Duke of Sussex.
- Charles – This is the name given to Queen Elizabeth’s son. His royal title is the Prince of Wales.
- Edgar – Based on the King of England, who was admiringly called Edgar the Peaceful.
- Alexander – Alexander the Great, king of Macedon, created one of the largest empires in ancient history.
- Albert – In addition to sharing a name with Queen Victoria’s husband, this name also means “noble.”
- Napoleon – Napolean was a French Emperor.
- James – There have been many kings that have taken the name James, including King James VI and King James I.
- Henry – As in Henry VIII of England, who famously had six wives.
- Louis – This name is inspired by King Louis XIV of France.
- Macbeth – Inspired by the King of Scots.
- Diogo – Taken from the ruler of the Kingdom of Kongo.
- Harold – Harold Godwinson was the King of England. He met his demise in the Battle of Hastings.
- Ferdinand – Inspired by the King of Sicily, Ferdinand II of Aragon.
- Charlemagne – Also known as Charles the Great, King of the Franks.
- Frederick – Frederick II turned Prussia into a major European power during the 1700s.
- Otto – This name is inspired by the Holy Roman Emperor and German King, Otto the Great.
- Indulf – Taken from the King of Scots who served from 954 to 962.
- Sweyn – Inspired by a past King of Denmark.
Other Regal Cat Names for Male Kittens
The ideas don’t stop here. We have even more regal cat names for a male furball.
All of these names sound strong, dignified, and distinguished, just like your new cat.
Female Regal Cat Names
If you are welcoming a beautiful female feline into your home, we have plenty of name ideas for the girls, too.
Likewise, if “Princess” and “Queen” aren’t suitable for your cat, the following names could provide just the right amount of inspiration.
They’re based on royal women throughout history. You could pick a figure who’s inspired you, or maybe you simply like the name.
With our list of ideas for regal cat names specially tailored toward the feminine feline, you’ll have plenty of choices for naming your pampered pet.
- Elizabeth – Queen Elizabeth is perhaps the most popular monarch in modern history.
- Mary – Mary, Queen of Scots, reigned over Scotland from 1542-1567.
- Boleyn – Named after the Queen of England, Anne Boleyn.
- Diana – Inspired by the royal mother to Prince Harry and Prince William, Princess Diana, this name means “divine” or “heavenly.”
- Kate – The shortened name for Catherine, this name means “pure.” Your cat would also share a name with the Duchess of Cambridge.
- Lilibet – Inspired by Queen Elizabeth’s nickname.
- Lottie – A shortened version of Charlotte, this name is inspired by Prince William’s daughter.
- Meghan – Taken from Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex.
- Pippa – Short for Philippa, this name belongs to Kate Middleton’s sister.
- Sarah – While this name seems simple, it actually means “noblewoman” or “princess.”
- Victoria – By naming your cat, Victoria, they would share a name with the longest-reigning monarch of England.
- Bea – Short for Beatrice, this name is inspired by Queen Victoria’s youngest child.
- Alice – There’s nothing quite as noble as a name that means “nobility.” It’s also the name of Queen Victoria’s second daughter.
- Xenia – This unique name comes from Xenia Alexandrovna, who was a Grand Duchess of Russia.
- Rani – Hailing from Jhansi, the Queen of Northern India was named Rani.
- Lili – This name is pulled from the first Queen of Hawaii’s name, Lili’uokalani. Since that might be a bit of a mouthful, the shortened “Lili” makes for a cute cat name.
- Cleo – Inspired by Cleopatra, an Egyptian empress. This name could also be short for Cleopawtra!
Other Regal Cat Names for Female Cats
Continuing the list of female regal cat names, here are more ideas that are genuinely dignified and delightful.
You may find the name you’ve been looking for!
Funny Regal Cat Names
Being regal is serious business – but sometimes you can have a sense of humor, too.
If you’re looking for something a little fun and out of the ordinary, these funny, regal cat names are quite the hoot.
They sound fancy – but with a ferociously funny twist. You might also enjoy our list full of funny cat names.
- Fancy Paws
- Cat Middleton
- Princess Purr
- Countess Cat
There are so many reasons you may be looking for regal cat names.
Maybe you love watching TV shows and movies with royalty. Or you like learning about royal figures throughout history.
Or, like many, you have a regal cat who needs a name that fits their refined stature.
And let’s face it: What cat isn’t a demure diva in one way or another?
Ultimately, regal cat names are classy, stylish, and sophisticated. Your cat would be lucky to have such a high-class moniker.
We hope our guide to regal cat names provided plenty of inspiration. With a regal cat name, your kitten will be ruling your household in no time.
More Cat Name Ideas
If you’re not sold on any of the regal cat names on the list, try our random cat name generator and find even more fabulous name options.
It allows you to sort by your favorite styles and themes to find the perfect name quickly. Voila!
You may also enjoy:
How Do You Pick The Right Name?
Here’s an important question: how do you know if you’ve picked the right name for your cat?
After years of helping new cat owners find the perfect name, here are some tips we’ve picked up along the way:
- Is it easy to say? Some names are great on paper but tough to pronounce in everyday life. Before you become set on a name, make sure it rolls off the tongue because after all, you’ll be saying it many times a day once the cat joins your family!
- Does it fit your cat? Check to see if the name matches your cat’s personality and appearance before committing to a name.
- Say it out loud. Can you imagine calling for your cat with this name? If not, then it’s not the right choice. Move on and select something more appropriate.
- And finally, trust your gut. Ask any new cat owner: when you find the right name, you’ll know it!