Orange Cat Names – 90+ Colorful Ideas
by Jessi Klein
Trying to find a name for your orange cat? Get ready for 90+ orange cat names that are cute and colorful.
A number of cats sport this bright-colored coat, including the Tabby, Kurilian Bobtail, Chausie, Exotic Shorthair and more.
If you’re lucky enough to welcome an orange cat into your home, you should definitely consider orange cat names that celebrate their colorful coat.
Our list features 90+ names perfect for orange cats. Read on for the ultimate inspiration.
Top Orange Cat Names
Let’s first start with some of the top orange cat names out there.
These names recognize your cat’s most notable trait: their fiery fur. Cute and colorful, we think you’ll love these ideas:
- Alani (Hawaiian for orange tree)
- Monarch (as in a monarch butterfly)
Orange Cat Names Inspired By Characters and Famous Figures
Another idea is to draw inspiration from characters and famous figures. From colorful cats to cute orange characters to real-life redheads, these names are fabulous for orange-furred felines.
- Annie – As in Little Orphan Annie, the famous redhead.
- Archie – Named after Archie Andrews, the red-headed star of the Archie comic strip.
- Ariel – The main character of The Little Mermaid.
- Aslan – This lion is the main character of C. S. Lewis’s The Chronicles of Narnia series.
- Beaker – One of the secondary stars of The Muppet Show, Beaker is the hapless, orange-haired assistant to Dr. Bunsen Honeyde
- Carrot Top – How funny would it be to name your orange cat after the crazy orange-haired comedian?
- Chester – Chester the Cheetah is the official mascot of Cheeto snacks.
- Chuck Norris – Um, how hilarious would it be to name your orange cat after the red-haired tough guy?
- Chucky – A little bit dark, but you could name your orange cat after the demonic doll.
- Conan O’Brien – The late night talk show host is instantly recognizable for his bright orange hair.
- Crookshanks – The magical ginger cat owned by Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series.
- Daphne – A heroine of Scooby Doo, Daphne sports some pretty gorgeous orange locks.
- Ernie – As in the popular Sesame Street character.
- Fiona – Princess Fiona from the Shrek series stands out for her flaming orange/red hair.
- Garfield – No list of ginger cat names is complete without Garfield, the famed lazy orange cat.
- Ginger Spice – Every ’90s kid remembers Geri Halliwell, also known as Ginger Spice.
- Heathcliff – Like Garfield, another popular orange cat from the ’80s.
- Hobbes – The orange cat from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.
- Lucille Ball – A pioneering actress and comedian, Lucille Ball was a feisty ginger.
- Merida – The main character of Disney’s film Brave possesses some lovely orange locks.
- Molly Ringwald – We can’t forget the popular red-headed actress of the ’80s.
- Nemo – Everyone loves the orange fish from Finding Nemo.
- Oliver – This ginger cat was the main character in Disney’s 1988 animated film Oliver & Company.
- Opie – Opie was a sweet red-headed boy with freckles in The Andy Griffin Show.
- Pepper Ann – The red-headed main character of the late ’90s Disney cartoon.
- Pippi Longstocking – The protagonist in the eponymous series of children’s book.
- Prince Harry – A list of orange cat names has to include the world’s most beloved ginger!
- Ron Weasley – The beloved redheaded character in the Harry Potter series.
- Simba – Of course, we have to include Simba, the orange lion from The Lion King.
- Tigger – A bouncing orange cat from the Winnie the Pooh series.
- Tony the Tiger – The mascot of Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes.
- Winnie – As in Winnie the Pooh.
Orange Cat Names Inspired By Food
You can also draw inspiration from orange-colored foods.
When you think about it, there are tons of fruits, spices, drinks, desserts and other foods with orange coloring.
Why not give your cat a fun-food inspired name? It’s a unique approach to orange cat names.
- Apricat (a funny take on apricot)
- OJ (short for orange juice)
- Peach / Peaches
- Sweet Potato
Orange in Other Languages
And finally, we’ve rounded up the pronunciation of orange in other languages – a cool and cultural approach to orange cat names.
- Arancia (Italian)
- Daidaiiro (Japanese)
- Dalandan (Filipino)
- Karaka (Maori)
- Katom (Hebrew)
- Komala (Bengali)
- Naranja (Spanish)
- Oranssi (Finnish)
- Oren (Welsh)
We should note that orange is the same in German and French. So you technically could name your cat “Orange” and say it’s French. We won’t tell.
More Ideas For Orange Cat Names?
Have a cat with mixed colors, maybe these Tortoiseshell cat names are for you! Or if you have ideas for orange cat names, let us know! Sound off in the comments below. We love hearing from readers and use your ideas to keep our website fresh.
More Cat Name Ideas
If you’ve looked through the list and are thinking you’re better off with a more traditional name, don’t fret. We’ve got plenty of other ideas.
And by plenty, we mean thousands. To get started, try our online cat name generator and sort by your favorite styles and themes.