4 Tips for Finding Awesome Cute Cat Names
by Jessi Klein
What could make a super cat even cuter? By giving them a super cute kitten name, that’s how. Here are four tips to find the perfect name.
1. Start with your cat
Pay attention to your cat’s appearance and mannerisms. Does anything stick out? For example, a cat with a dainty walk could get a fancy, adorable name like Mitsy or Buffy. Marshmallow and Snowball are cute cat names for white cats. Or pay homage to your cat’s favorite activities. Got a cuddly cat? Name him Snuggles.
So many pet owners find a name first, then make it work for their animal, but it’s important to find one that really fits the pet’s appearance and personality.
2. Inspiration is everywhere
Keep your eyes and ears out for ideas – you never know where you’ll find cute cat names. A few tips to get the creativity flowing:
- Pay attention to the names of cats you meet in real life as well as those in movies, TV shows and books
- Think back to your favorite cartoons growing up
- Browse the toy section of your local store
- Make a list of all the things you find cute
- Ask your friends and family for ideas – they always know people who’ve given their pets super cute names
3. Use an online name generator
It goes without saying, but the internet is loaded with cute cat names you’ve never thought of before. Don’t want to wade through long lists? Try out our easy cat name generator:
a. Find cute female cat names
b. Find cute male cat names
4. Is it too cute?
Many cute cat names work well in theory, but remember you’ll have to say this name out loud. And it’s not just you – other people in your life, like a significant other, kids, family, friends, etc., will have to say it, too.
If you’re on the fence, practice saying it out loud. Or ask other people what they think. Their reaction will give you your answer.
Got a cute cat name idea? Let us know in the comments below!